Medical Cannabis Q & A

Will I qualify for Medical Cannabis?

Common qualifying conditions in Utah are: Chronic Pain (any pain lasting longer than 2 weeks), PTSD, Persistent Nausea, GI Problems, Seizures, and Autism. Find a full list of conditions here. 

Will I need medical records?

You will need to bring your CURRENT Utah State ID (cannot be expired; cannot be a passport), and 1-2 pages of medical records. This could be an office note, x-ray or MRI, lab test…etc.

 Will my health insurance cover this evaluation?

No. Insurance companies refuse to cover medical cannabis as it is still federally illegal and a Schedule 1 drug.

How much is my evaluation? 

Your cannabis evaluation will be $400. We will collect $100 deposit when you are scheduled. This will be applied towards your total cost.

What does my evaluation include?

You will meet with Dr. Anden and her team for 30 minutes to discuss Utah Law, medical benefits of cannabis, different ingestion options and terpene/cannabinoid profiles.

You will speak with our Cannabis Nurse Specialist before and after your appointment for further dosing parameters, if needed.

You will leave with your recommendation letter and a folder of educational material.

Will I get my Medical Card the same day?

No. Patients with a qualifying condition will be given a “Recommendation Letter”. This is what makes you legal to have cannabis (CBD/THC) products on your person and in your system.

You will need to apply on the Utah Dept of Health Website.

Does Utah have Medical Cannabis Pharmacies 

Utah currently has 3 medical cannabis pharmacies!